Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer of 2009























It is really sad that I have not posted for three months. Where did the summer go? Right after school was out we drove to Virginia for a Farm bureau meeting. We took a longer route through Kentucky and several other states. We visited and walked on the track where they run the Kentucky Derby. One night Thomas Jefferson spoke at one of the gatherings. We saw colonial Williamsburg. It was fun, but it seems like that was a long time ago. Dale and I celebrated 30 years of marriage and I got a new wedding band. I am very fortunate to be married to such a great guy. Peyton stayed with us the whole month of July. He is so much fun, but boy is he busy. We also worked on being potty trained. some days were good and some days were not. He loved being outside riding the lawnmower, tractor and four wheeeler. As you see from the pictures he love shis hot sauce. I made several trips to Odessa for court. It was a trying experience, but Shelbi's divorce is final and she has all rights to Peyton. Shelbi and Peyton were with us 2 weeks before they moved to Denton where Shelbi will finish her schooling at TWU. I worked on refinishing some furniture for Peyton. It was my bedroom furniture then Kevin's and now Peyton's. Kevin is still in Houston and we did get to make a trip down to celebrate his birthday. I also forgot that we spent much of the summer working on a new set of cattle pens. They are nice and I can certainly say I am glad they are almost done. I am in my second week of school. My classes are a little larger, but I think they will be ok. I forgot to mention in the meantime my mom had shoulder surgery in Dallas and we have been helping her out. She is doing well. That is just a hodgepodge of things and I will post a few pics. too.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Morgan just climbed out of the tub and ran in here while I was looking at the computer. She said, "Oh Peeeyton!" Then she said, "Why is Shelbi taking a picture with Kevin? They broke up!" I thought that was funny! I had to explain that Kevin and Shelbi were brother and sister!

You need to post some pictures of Shelbi's apartment! Glad they got moved and everything is settled!

ajphillips said...

Nice hat Dale! Maybe he should dress up like a clown with PaPaw Donald next Christmas!

The Wiemers said...

Sounds like a busy summer!!! Love the Pictures!!!